Andrea has specialist expertise in the areas of stakeholder, business, consumer and social research and has managed research projects that have covered audiences in New Zealand, Australia, the US and Asia. She has particular strengths in quantitative methodology, questionnaire design and quantitative modelling. Due to her active involvement in conducting baseline qualitative research Andrea adds new insight by providing a cohesive link between qualitative findings and required quantitative outcomes.
Applications for quantitative models developed by Andrea have ranged from illustrating and explaining attitudes and behaviour, to calculating uptake of new products or services, to assessing the impact of communication strategies. In line with the other UMR Directors Andrea is know for her ability to forge strong working relationships with clients and for providing direct and actionable advice.
Andrea's core skills include:
- Overall responsibility for managing the Auckland office, including researchers and the fieldwork team.
- Providing clients with considered strategic advice
- Project management
- Using and refining intervention logic models through research (e.g. http://www.prismjournal.org/353.html)
- Design and management of quantitative research projects including overseeing complex statistical analysis when required
- Conducting focus groups and depth interviews