Marc is UMR's specialist rural researcher with extensive experience working on qualitative and quantitative projects amongst dairy, sheep and beef farmers. He is also experienced at social marketing and evaluation. Mare joined UMR from Statistics New Zealand in 2002, bringing with him a high level of expertise in survey design.
Marc's core skills include:
- Research amongst farmers and the agriculture sector
- Research amongst youth
- Project management for evaluation research & feasibility studies
- Research to inform and develop communications campaigns and strategy.
- Conducting focus groups and depth interviews
- Writing qualitative discussion guides and quantitative questionnaires
- Survey design and cognitive testing (cognitive testing helps develop optimal survey instruments and to manage non-sampling error)