Each January UMR releases the Mood of the Nation, an update on key poll results throughout the previous calendar year. 2016 results can be found here. On this page you can access previous editions of Mood of the Nation.
Each report includes annual tracking of many factors, such as:
- The proportion of New Zealanders who believe that things in NZ are generally heading in the right direction
- The party vote
- Favourability ratings of the Prime Minister and major party leaders
- Top news stories for the year
- Expectations for the economy, standard of living, unemployment and interest rates
- Perceptions of the most important problem / issue facing New Zealand
- Occupational respect ratings
- Performance ratings for government agencies
The reports also include special one-off questions exploring the key issues from the year.